Wednesday, July 22, 2009

10 Days til Paradise!

So in about 10 days we'll be heading out on our annual family vacation. Nick and I are going with my parents, his mom, and our sisters to Destin. My FAVORITE place on earth. We missed out on the trip last year with the wedding and honeymoon, but I can't wait to go again. It will be interesting, to say the least, with both of our families adventuring together.

It will be so nice to have a break from work and our everyday lives. Until then we are just getting things done and enjoying summer.

Updates:
-Work is going great for me, some days are super busy and others can be slow. We have our biggest event, the Loving Choices Fall Banquet, coming up in October. The detailed planning has definitely started. It has been a fun summer at work...making new connections with influential people in the community, getting to know my new co-worker Traci, and just enjoying a job that i love. You can visit www.supportLC.org to learn about all the other things that are going on at LC.

-Nick and I are loving our house. He has definitely mastered the yard with mowing, watering, and edging. It always looks great and I appreciate his hard work. I am still settling in and hanging things on the wall. We both have things we would like to do (surround sound, new end tables, artwork, drapes) but the Lord has blessed us SO much already and we are both content waiting to finish up with the details.

-This past weekend Nick and I went our separate ways. I went with my college girlfriends to the lovely town of Gravette, AR for a girls getaway. We did ABSOLUTELY nothing and it was FABULOUS! It was so great to get away, reminisce about college, and talk about the future. I have such fun friends and although we are all at different stages we still treasure time together. Nick hung out with old friends as well. You could probably learn more about what he does if he would contribute to this blog...hint hint.

-Last night I hung out with my mom and sister and the sweet Maass girls. Is Hannah not the cutest little 3 y/o you have ever seen. She was struggling with 4 pony tails and the bike helmet...

That is what's going on at the Rhoads house. I hope you are all doing well!

No comments: