Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Parenthood! (written in Feb or March of 2013)

That's right! Nick and I are about 20 weeks away from becoming parents.  It is hard to explain the mixture of emotions and feelings we are experiencing right now.  It has always been my dream to be a mom and I couldn't be more excited for my dream to come true.  Nick on the other hand is excited and anxious about becoming a dad.  We're both beginning to realize how different life will be with a baby.  So we're going to spend the next few months preparing for this little one and enjoying our freedom and sleep. :)

We just found out we're having a baby boy! We both thought it was a girl so when we found out it was a boy we were a little surprised.  However, we both love the idea of our oldest child being a boy.  I felt the baby kick for the first time yesterday (3/5/13).  We have our 20 week diagnostic ultrasound on Friday.  I've had LOTS of ultrasounds at work and 1 at the my doctor's office. It is AMAZING to see our little boy bouncing around and seeing his little heartbeat.  I'm not really anxious about the diagnostic ultrasound, but I'm ready to make sure our baby boy is healthy.

The first few months of this pregnancy were exhausting...I felt tired and sick most of the time.  I'm finally feeling better (still tired) but not near as nauseous.  It feels good to have 1/2 of this pregnancy behind us! We've felt so loved and supported by our family and friends every step of the way.  We're so thankful for the prayers, food/meals, and gifts from all these special people.  It is safe to say this baby is LOVED!

No comments: