Friday, September 4, 2009

A Month of Change!

Well a LOT has happened since my last post. We came back from vacation and BAM! It all happened.

1. My best friend moved away. VERY sad day for me. Luckily we were able to have a fun get together before she and her hubby left. I am so excited for their new adventure and SO thankful for skype!



Nick and I have plans to head North to Chi-town for Mikki's bday in October. Let's just say I CANT WAIT!

2. Not quite as exciting, but we had a barrier put in between our grass and flower bed (if you can call it that w/o any flowers). they pulled the weeds too!




For some reason our builder didn't do this...we're glad we decided to. It looks so much better now. Also, my topiaries have survived the summer. Yeah!




3. Nick and I found our names on "Senior Walk" at the U of A. this is a fun tradition that the UofA does. Every graduate gets their name engraved on the sidewalk somewhere on campus. It was fun seeing our names...lots of hard work and money to get it there. Nick even wanted a picture with his name. :)





4. And last but not least...my baby sister is no longer just my biological sister. She is also my KAPPA sister. Bid day was sweet for sure...I am so excited for her to be a little KKG. I know in these next 4 years she will have a blast and she is going to make friendships that will last a lifetime.



Life seems to be crazy with something going on all the time, but we love it. Nick and I are enjoying this stage for sure! He is camping/duck hunting this weekend and I'll be headed to Fall Retreat with my cell girls in the morning.

We have an upcoming 50 Day Challenge at church called "Draw Near" based on James 4:8. Nick and I are both excited about what the Lord is going to do as our church as a whole spends 50 days seeking Christ whole-heartedly. We'll be hosting a weekly group of young married couples (although I think we are the youngest) at our house each week. I am excited to open our home to new friends.

Hope all is well with you!

Much Love!

No comments: