Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life as we know it...


Well life has seemed a bit crazy lately. I know Nick and I aren't parents, but we do have a 9 month old dog that we are responsible for parenting. She is usually pretty low maintenance, but that wasn't the case last week.

Laundry on the floor in our room + mallie enjoying the taste of laundry = Mallie ate two socks!
Yes, our crazy dog ate two socks which led to one trip to the ER vet then a trip to our normal vet. Mallie ended up having exploratory surgery to remove the socks. It was a huge ordeal. I was so torn...we had to take care of it, but we couldn't really afford it, but we were responsible for her, but we didn't have the money. You get the picture!

However, we survived and Mallie is almost back to normal. We did get her "fixed" during the surgery. So no pups at the Rhoads' house. Thank goodness!

Here are some pics of Mallie.

Right before surgery:

Camping out in the living room to keep an eye on her:
I know that Mallie is just a dog...trust me. I realize we are blessed we weren't going through this with a child. However, it did give me a new perspective on parents with sick children. I can't imagine how draining it must be. We are so blessed!

No comments: