Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Updates


I don't want this blog to be all about our dog. After seeing the last two posts I thought I should give an update on the humans in our family. :)

Nick and I have an exciting week ahead. We are heading to Denver, with his sister, for a college visit on Saturday. Then we are heading to the Buffalo River with my parents on Wednesday. They rented a cabin and invited us to tag along. I am so excited for a FULL week off work. It's been over a year and a half since I have taken that much time off. Woohoo!

Nick is currently in grad school to become a high school business teacher. He is student teaching at a local high school and enjoying it for the most part. He is ready to be paid for teaching. :) I am so proud of him for following the Lord's will for his life. It has not been easy and he has been faithful!

I am still working at Loving Choices and enjoying every day of it. It has been the most challenging time of my life, but the Lord has used my job to teach me so much. I know that I know that I know God will always provide. His ways are not always our ways, but they are always the most blessed! I've also realized that Jesus is our ONLY hope. I know that is something I have known for a while, but I actually realize it now. I see so many heart breaking situations and cycles of "junk" in the lives of our LC clients. I realize that Jesus is our only hope. We must look beyond this life and realize there is so much more!

Another way Nick and I have been blessed is through our community group. We are living life with these people on a weekly basis and it is so incredible. We've grown to know and love each person in our group. We know the Lord is using this group to grow and guide us!

here is a pic of our gang (friends and community group minus a few) on New Year's Eve:

No comments: