Thursday, March 31, 2011

SB 2011 Pt. 1

Nick and I had the opportunity to take his sister, Liz, on a college visit to Colorado Christian University. She asked us a while back if we would be willing to take her and we jumped at the chance. Nick was off for SB and I took the week of work. We spent 4 days in Denver and it was a blast. His sister was super sweet and flexible about letting us do lots of fun things like see our friends, go skiing, and tour Denver. We enjoyed our time with her. It was fun to get away for a few days and experience all (some) Colorado has to offer.

Skiing @ Breckenridge. Let's just say a lot has changed in the past 8 years. I haven't been skiing since my junior year of HS. I am not quite as brave or as in shape as I used to be. However, it sure was fun to experience skiing with Nick. Check out his face in this first pic. That was his reaction when I told him I was as good at skiing as he is at snow boarding. :)




Top 5 Favorite things about the trip:
1. seeing old friends (Amy.Blake.Adam.Erin.Kristen.Compston.Argo)...lots of fun catching up convos
2. skiing and being in God's beautiful creation with NRR
3. Red Rocks - famous outdoor concert venue (see pics above)
4. Little Man's Ice Cream (no pic, but a funky little ice cream joint)
5. Walking the streets of Denver and experiencing the sunshine

No comments: